Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Mueslix

12 c. quick oats ( can used rolled if you desire)
1/3 c. wheat germ - optional
2/3 c. brown sugar
1 t. cinnamon

Mix the above four ingredients in a large bowl.

Mix the below 3 ingredients in a small container.  They won't mix real well but that's ok!

2-4 T. vegetable oil
2 t. vanilla
1/3 c. honey

After you've stirred the oil/vanilla/honey mixture then pour it over the oat mixture.
Then stir it in and mix well.  Sometimes I mix with my hands and break up the little clumps, but the little clumps are tasty so it's fine to leave them!

Now add a handful and a 1/2 of nuts, around a 1/2 a cup or more.  How much ever you would like.  I typically use sliced almonds.

Then lightly grease 2- 9x13 pans, or if you forget to do this, that will be fine too!  Spread the oatmeal mixture between the two pans.

Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes or to your liking.  I like it to have some parts that are lightly browned.  When I put the oat mixture in the pan, I poke the mixture with my fingers to create little mounds that are more likely to get browned.  Do not stir the mueslix during the baking process.

After the mueslix has baked and cooled, then you can add the following -

1/4-1/3 c. sweetened flaked coconut
1 cup of dried fruit ( most often, I use dried cranberries)

You can use whatever combination of nuts and dried fruit you would like, as well as modify any other ingredient to your liking.  I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment